Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Dining Out: Bhava (New Orleans)

Bhava opened in November 2013. It's a rad little nook in the Marigny neighborhood above Feelings Cafe. The menu is influenced by food cultures from all over the world, because why the hell not--in general and in a port city like NOLA?
A little gender bending before dinner.

 "Tofu Crabish Cakes - Pan seared atop local greens, green garlic vinaigrette, with remoulade."


"Papas Rellenos- Picadillo stuffed mashed potato cake, creamy cilantro sauce, side salad."
Those damn little tomatoes were as fuckin' beautiful as they were delicious.

Here's an interior pic:


Raw Lemon Tart - cashew custard in an almond date crust with a strawberry jam layer.

Myer lemons--little else must be said. Except that this was one of the best things I've ever eaten--sometimes I tear up a little when I look at the photos...



Although it's menu changes week by week based on changes in seasonal produce, I still thought I'd post the menu for March 20th, 2014. (It's only open Thurs-Sunday. If you find yourself there on Mon-Wed. I read the Feelings Cafe right below has its own vegan menu.)

I swear, if I wasn't tethered to my previously established life, I'd ask Anne Churchill to take me on as an apprentice and move to NOLA. Behold the power of the tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment