Pages

Friday, May 13, 2016

NYC Dining: The Cinnamon Snail

While visiting NYC for a few days, I had to go to The Cinnamon Snail at The Pennsy (mid-town Manhattan, next to Madison Square Garden).

Beastmode Burger Deluxe - "Ancho chili seitan burger grilled in maple boubon bbq sauce with jalapeno mac n cheese, arugula, smoked chili coconut bacon, and chipotle mayo on a grilled pretzel bun"
Several elements of umami. Textural contrasts. Thick, robust, and bustin' out the bun. THIS is how you do a vegan burger!!
I briefly considered eating the paper it came wrapped in, but then I regained a fraction of dignity.



Thai Basil Coconut donut -- I loved that glaze and was obligated to lick it from my fingers in publilc.

Delectable donut interior


I would have tried more of their donuts, but I'm not wealthy enough to stay in NYC for long periods. Their display during May 2016 is below.



No comments:

Post a Comment